How to Block Users on Tumblr – Want to express yourself? Tumblr could be the best platform for you. It is a social networking site that allows users to post anything of their interest. This platform allows users to share photos, videos, music links, video links, and quotes. Besides all this, Tumblr also lets users post short snippets related to any topic or niche. This is the reason why it is also known as “microblog.”
Founded in 2007, Tumblr has gained millions of users within a decade. Not only this platform allows you to post blogs or short snippets, but you can also follow the ones you like. According to a data, till August 2019, Tumblr has hosted more than 450 million blogs. This will give you an idea of how popular this platform has become.
Sometimes, what happens is that people find annoying users on a platform like Tumblr or other social networking platforms as well. And this is very annoying for any one of us. Our purpose in writing this post is to help you know how you can avoid getting messages or notifications from unwanted people. In this post, we will tell how to block users on Tumblr. We hope going down through this post would be helpful to you in avoiding nuances on your Tumblr account.
How to Block Users on Tumblr?
Tumblr can be accessed via both desktop and mobile. Thus, to block users, you can choose either of the options. Now, let us see how to block users on Tumblr in a step-by-step manner from your desktop.
- The first thing you are required to do is log in to your Tumblr account.
- Now, you should visit a post of the user you wish to block. This could be done easily using your Tumblr dashboard.
- Once you’ve landed on the user’s post, the next thing you are required to do is visit his/her profile by hovering the cursor on the profile name.
- Your previous action will open a popup of the user’s profile to whom you want to block. Once the pop-up appears, click on the silhouette icon present near the user name. After that, you need to choose ‘Block’ from the appeared drop-down menu.
- After you click the ‘block’ button, another pop-up will appear for you to confirm whether you really want to block that user or not. There, you need to again hit the ‘block’ button to confirm. Once done, that user will be blocked and you will not receive any messages or notifications from him/her.
How to Block Users on Tumblr using your Smartphone?
In the above section, we’ve discussed how to block users on Tumblr using a desktop or laptop. In this section, we will discuss the same but on a smartphone.
- Open the Tumblr app on your smartphone and log in to your account.
- Now, the next thing you are required to do is visit the profile of the user you want to block.
- Once landed on the profile, find and tap the silhouette button at the top of the screen in the menu.
- When you tap the silhouette icon, a pop-up will appear on your screen, and there, you need to click on the ‘Block’ option.
- Just like on a desktop, the app will ask you for confirmation whether you really want to block the user. There you need to again hit ‘Block’ and you’re done.
What Will Happen When you Block Someone on Tumblr?
Now, you know how to block users on Tumblr, but it is also necessary for you to know what happens when you do so. This is what we are going to discuss in this section.
- The first thing that will happen is that their Tumblr blog will be unfollowed by your account automatically.
- Any post of the users you blocked will be hidden from your timeline irrespective of the fact whether those posts have been followed by you or not.
- Blocked users won’t be able to see any of your posts in their timeline and also the ones shared by others.
- The communication between you and the users you’ve blocked will be terminated. This means they won’t be able to contact you either via message or any other modes on Tumblr.
- Your account will not appear in their search results.
- Blocked users won’t be able to like, share, and comment on your posts.
Remember, users must be blocked on each of your Tumblr blogs. This means if you own a Tumblr account with multiple blogs, then you need to block the user from each one.
Will the Blocked User know that He/She has Been Blocked?
Now, this is something interesting. Most of us want to block users without letting them know. So, the big question here is whether users will come to know that they are blocked by you or not. Let us make this clear as well.
There is a sigh of relief for those who want to know how to block users on Tumblr because it does not send any notifications to the users when they are blocked. So, you can stay worry-free because there will be no official confirmation regarding this.
But smart users can assess that they have been blocked by someone by noticing that their posts no longer appear in their timeline. Besides this, they confirm that they have been blocked by sending a direct message to the person. When they are blocked, they won’t be able to send DM to the user. Plus, they can also confirm this by visiting the profile of the user who blocked them. This will be done by noticing that blocked users won’t be able to comment or perform any other action on the post.
The Bottom Line
There is no harm in blocking annoying or unwanted users on Tumblr. For that one must know how to block users on Tumblr. The goal of this post was to help Tumblr users know how they can block someone from whom they don’t want to receive any messages or notifications.
We’ve tried to explain this in the simplest way possible and we hope that our purpose has been fulfilled. So, don’t think much and block anyone you wish to so that you can enjoy your time without any worries on Tumblr.