How to Delete Bookmarks on Chrome – Deleting bookmarks on chrome is not a task with so much hassle, as it could be done easily. One of the perks of sticking to the Chrome browser is the ability to take your bookmarks with you when you signed in to your Google account on any device. But sometimes, you might not require the URLs you’ve bookmarked and in such a condition, it becomes important to remove clutter by deleting unwanted bookmarks.
What is Chrome?
Developed by Google, Chrome is a cross-platform web browser used by millions of users every day. The browser is also the main component of Chrome OS, where it serves as the platform for the web application. It is used for accessing web pages on the internet.
It is available for both iOS and Android, the Chrome app allows you to browse the web, open multiple tabs at the same time, conduct searches, and more. You will even have the option to sign in to Chrome on your mobile device, allowing you to sync bookmarks, saved passwords, browsing history, and setting across all of your devices. These are several factors behind Chrome’s resource-hogging behavior, but they are mostly unique to Chrome; other Chromium-based browsers like Edge Chromium and Brave do not share Chrome’s voracious appetite.
What Are Chrome Bookmarks?
According to the World Wide Web, a bookmark is a Uniform Resource Identifier that gets saved in the browser and ensure quick & easy retrieval with just single click. It is a saved shortcut that directs your web browser to a specific webpage.
It is a placeholder for a web page that will allow you to quickly access that page instead of having a browser to it and type that page name to search for it. Instead of typing that webpage, we can go to the bookmark folder at Google and then open that page immediately. It is created ad accessed through your chosen web browser. Desktop shortcuts will help directly open the saved URL on your selected web browser. These options will not automatically log you into the site; they will just open the login page quickly for you to log in.
Why Delete Chrome Bookmarks?
It is experienced that sometimes people accidentally create bookmarks while typing the URL and that bookmark is not their requirement. In such conditions, it is better to clear the bookmark right away to avoid any later issues.
Besides this, sometimes what happens is that we keep creating important bookmarks and with time, their need becomes low or they are no longer required. Thus, in such cases as well, it is important to delete them and for that, we must know how to delete bookmarks on Chrome. Deleting unwanted bookmarks is important because it also removes the clutter from your browser’s bookmark bar. This will make it easy for you to quickly find the required bookmark as well.
How to Delete Bookmarks on Chrome?
You can delete bookmarks on a Chrome book in just a few steps, or delete an entire bookmarks folder
- Open your Chrome Browser
- Select the bookmark you want to delete
- Right-click the bookmark
- Select “Delete”
How to Delete Bookmarks on Chrome Using the Bookmark Manager?
This method of deleting the bookmark on Chrome is helpful when you don’t know the URL of the bookmark you want to delete. Let us see how to do this:
- The first thing you are required to do is open the chrome and type chrome://bookmarks/.
- The next step you are required to follow is to locate the bookmark that is no longer helpful to you and you want it to delete. If you have many folders in the sidebar, then locating the bookmark that needs to be deleted will take much more time.
- After locating the bookmark, you need to click on the three-dot icon present at the right side of the bookmark.
- Once you click the three-dot icon, a menu will open in front of you, there, you need to click on the ‘Delete’ button. This process must be followed to delete each of the unwanted bookmarks from chrome.
We hope that your question of how to delete bookmarks on chrome has been answered. But before we wind it up, let us have a look at how you can delete all bookmarks at once on chrome.
How to delete all Bookmarks on Chrome?
Sometimes we want to start fresh without any bookmarks on the Chrome browser. The reason for that could be your project must have completed and you no longer need saved URLs. In such a case, smartness lies in deleting all the bookmarks at once instead of doing the same one by one. Let us see how to do that:
- For this, you need to use the bookmark manager. The first step should be the same as above, i.e. visit chrome://bookmarks/.
- Now you need to select the folder having bookmarks you want to delete. This is helpful when you have more than one folder in the bookmark manager.
- Once the folder is selected, type Ctrl + A to select all the bookmarks present in that folder. For Mac users, it will be command + A.
- Doing so will highlight all the bookmarks and you’ll see the ‘Delete’ button at the top right. Click that button and all bookmarks will be deleted simultaneously.
- The same process should be repeated for deleting bookmarks in other folders.
How to Delete Bookmarks on Chrome using the App?
Before we sign off, let us finally have a look at how to delete bookmarks on Chrome using its app.
- The first step is to open the Chrome app on your device and click on the three-dot icon to open the menu.
- In the menu, you’ll see ‘Bookmarks.’ Click on it.
- If you have saved bookmarks in multiple folders, then you need to select the folder in which the bookmark you want to delete is present.
- After getting the list of bookmarks, just swap left on the bookmark you want to remove and you’ll see the ‘Delete’ option on the right. Click on that and your bookmark will be deleted.
- This process must be carried out for each of the bookmarks you want to delete.
- To delete multiple bookmarks at the same time, you should click on the ‘Edit’ button at the bottom right of the device and select each of the bookmarks you want to remove. Now tap ‘Delete’ present at the bottom left and you’re done.
The Bottom Line
We hope that this post on how to delete bookmarks on Chrome must have been useful to you and our purpose of creating this post has been fulfilled as well. In this post, we’ve discussed different ways of deleting the bookmark on chrome and we’re sure that they have been helpful to you.